Saturday, August 24, 2013

Henri's Galley Restaurant (美心亨利)

This is the restaurant I take all my out-of-town visitors to.  There are a few other good Portuguese restaurants in town but Henry is by far my favorite.  I know I mentioned this place before in my other post but it is curious I never did an individual post for this place.  I guess subconsciously I must be trying to save this place from the rest of the world...

Untitled
Inside Henri's on a weekday

Henri's been around since 1976 and I remembered being there for the first time with my family in the 90s.  We ordered the African Chicken and the rest is history.  From what I can recall, the taste of the African Chicken hasn't change much for the past 20 years.

Untitled
Sangria and warm bread
There bread is tasty!

The other reason I keep returning is the impeccable service.  I have never experienced poor service here.  (That's almost impossible in Macau these days!)  The restaurant manager is ever so polite and his team is very professional as well.  Perhaps it's attributable to its location and the limited number of seats?  Henri is located in Sai Wan (西灣) or what I called "The Last Frontier" from tourist invasion.  There are maybe 10 tables in the restaurant.  I always call ahead for a reservation, even if I go on a weekday (that's the only time I go).  The weekends are too crowded in my opinion.

Untitled
Caldo Verde (薯蓉青菜湯) is still my favorite Portuguese soup
I would also recommend the Seafood Soup here (海鮮湯)
Untitled
Bolos de Bacalhau (炸馬介休球)
A must-eat in pretty much any Portuguese restaurant
Untitled
Bacalhau à Brás (薯絲馬介休)
I like this dish here since the fries are crispy and just the right amount of saltiness from the cod.
I have had this dish elsewhere where the fries are not crispy enough.
Untitled
Galinha à Africana
My favorite.  Period.

Henri's Galley Restaurant (美心亨利)
4 G-H. Ave. da Republica R/C, Macau
Tel: +853 28556251 / 28562231
Hours: 11:00 am ~ 11:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...